Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My beloved's face is forgotten....


a poem from the great Bharathi....


aasai mugam marandhu poachchae - idhai
yaaridam solvaenadi thoazhi
naesam marakkavillai nenjam - enil
ninaivu mugam marakkalaamoa

My beloved's face is forgotten - to
whom shall i convey this my firend?
The heart hasnt forgotten his love,
can the face be forgotten
kannil theriyudhoru thoatram - adhil
kannanazhagu muzhidhillai
nannu mugavadivu kaanil - andha
nalla malarch chirippaik kaanoam

In my eyes is an image - but
his splendour isnt complete,
when i recollect his face - that
enchanting smile is not there

thaenai marandhirukkum vandum - olich
chirappai marandhuvitta poovum
vaanai marandhirukkum payirum - indha
vaiyam muzhudhumillai thoazhi

A bee that forgot the honey - or
a flower that forgot its radiance,
or a crop that forgot the rain - are
Not there in this whole world, my friend

kannan mugam marandhupoanaal - indha
kangalirundhu payanundoa
vannap padamumillai kandaayainini
vaazhum vazhiyennadi thoazhi
If they forgot his face - what
is the use of these eyes, my friend,
I dont even have his portait - then
how am i to live my friend

No comments:

Post a Comment